The Centenary Hall was built in 1877 to commemorate the hundredth anniversary of the visit of Charles Wesley to Peel.
In 1913 the adjoining Sunday School building was erected. The Centenary Hall was a major entertainment centre in Peel for almost 100 years with concerts, plays, eisteddfods, talks, gardening shows, jumble sales, etc! The first concert for which we have any details was ‘a Visitors Concert’ on 6th August, 1889 to raise money for the Peel Brass Band Instruments Fund. The building originally had a low wall and ornate cast iron railings at the front, which gave the hall some privacy and dignity. It would be nice to replace these railings which were removed and shipped to aid in Britain’s war effort.
Below, a selection of pictures during the refurbishment which was all done by volunteers